New kicks–new outfit! A great pair of casual jeans and a top with flair gives this sharp, crisp outfit some jazz with my new Chuck Taylor high tops! Some statement jewelry and a bag with appeal makes this an any day out with TONS of style!1 Sep
$37 – houseoffraser.co.uk
$120 – forevernew.com.au
$20 – asos.com
$16 – monki.com
$20 – nelly.com
$130 – selfridges.com
Everyone loves to share their top drugstore makeup finds with their readers, followers and fans. I’m no different. Even though I have makeup items from the Dollar Store all the way up to a $50 blush (I won it–hell no I didn’t buy it!!), there is no reason why you can’t get a to-die-for look from your local drugstore. I’ve even expanded my Top 10 to a “Top 15″ because I want to make sure your drugstore look is COMPLETE!
So here we go…my drugstore Top 15:
1. Say Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes- No one paints a masterpiece on a dirty canvas. The same goes for your face. Using a gentle but effective cleansing wipe that will quickly give you a clean surface to start your work of art is the perfect way to start your day. Say Yes To products have always been a favorite of mine especially since they have different formulas to target different problems. I like the cucumber ones the best. They are cooling and perfect for sensitive skin.
2. L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate – If you have cleaned your face, you better take care of it. A good anti-aging cream is something to help combat the signs of mother nature without interfering with the look of your makeup. As far as drug store serums, I like this one the best. It it absorbs quickly and gives my skin a smooth all over feel.
3. Physicians Formula Correcting Primer 3-in-1 (Corrector + Primer + Sun Protection) – Three great features in one product. This correcting primer is perfect for me because it comes in a green tint which helps me balance my uneven skin tone. This keeps my smooth and even so I do not look washed out. It also prepares my skin for my foundation as well as gives me a minimal amount of necessary sun protection. With its built in brush, it is easy to apply and is exactly what my skin needs for its bottom layer.
4. Maybelline Fit Me! Shine Free Foundation – A genius must have created the premise for this unique product. A gentle foundation in a stick for easy application has a center strip that is an oil mattifier to prevent shining during the warmer months. Brilliant! The coverage last all day without the foundation sliding down my face or becoming blotchy after a few hours. Perfect for anyone with oily skin or breakthrough shining.
5. Rimmel Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer – I have never really ever needed of concealer. Come on, don’t hate! I guess I am just blessed with no dark circles. But when I started working at my new J*O*B*, I found some nights just felt longer than others. And where did it show? Yup, my eyes. This really cool concealer doesn’t just hide dark circles or imperfections on the skin, but it also puts in a nice highlight to areas that look nice with a bit of oomph. Although it doesn’t come any many shades, I found one to match my pasty white skin tone perfectly.
6. Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow – I have not hidden the fact that I do not have time during my day to touch up my makeup. When I put it on in the morning, I would be very happy if it looks exactly the same way when I get home at 5 o’clock at night. That’s why I really like this eyeshadow. It is a highly pigmented cream, and goes on easily and quickly with your fingertip. And it stays…ALL DAY! I like the fact that I can use a single color all over my eyelid for a simple, jazzy look or I can combine one or two with easy blending for a more intense look. If I wear this eyeshadow, I never check my look in the mirror during the day–I know it will stay strong all day!
7. Milani Shadow Eyez 12 HR Eyeshadow Pencil – Even though I love my cream eyeshadows, I also like to have other options. This long-lasting eyeshadow pencil is great because it can give the eyes a lot a depth when combined with a darker liner. It has staying power so it can be used as a highlighter, a shadow, a contour color for a deep smoky look, or even as a bold colored liner. I like the fact I can sharpen it as crisp as I want to get it to go exactly where I’d like it. Sometimes I will use a light Tattoo cream shadow shade all over my lid, swipe on a line of bold color with Milani’s Eyecolor Pencil for pop, then line top and bottom with black for an edgy rocker look. Ka-pow!
8. Milani Liquid Eye Liquid-Like Eye Liner Pencil – Long wearing eyeliners are a must in my makeup ensemble. I have all kinds, shapes, sizes, colors. They are the signature on my make up look. I like the various bold colors that Milani’s come in, and I have had the best luck with these not just staying strong in color pigments but also staying strong on my waterline. I tend to use just these pencils on the bottom of my eyelids. They seem to have the best holding power under there.
9. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner – Although I have several liquid eyeliners that I use on my top lids, lately I tend to lean more towards a smudged look when it comes to lining my upper lids. That’s why I really like the waterproof gel eyeliner. The thickness of the line and the darkness of the smudging is totally up to me. It’s also nice to line the upper lids with a heavy smudge line then add a little color along the edge if the top lash line. It just gives it a dramatic effect. Plus this gel liner really stays–it is still on even at bedtime!
10. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara – I have to admit, it is really difficult for me to find a drugstore mascara that I can put in the “love” category. Most of my favorite mascaras are high-end brands or purchased through department or specialty stores like Sephora. I grabbed this one on a hunch and also because it was new and the packaging was jazzy. (Yeah, I’m a sucker for advertising.) So far, I have been quite pleased. Definitely no smudging, no flaking and lashes are still holding strong at the end of the day. First drugstore mascara that I can say that about. Kudos!
11. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush – When cream blushes hit the scene again a while back, visions of my mother with little pots of lipstick colored goop flashed before my eyes. I knew the powder blush I was using faded in an hour which didn’t make me too happy. I’m glad I gave Dream Bouncy Blush a try because it was nothing like anything out at the time. It’s not a heavy cream–it’s a lightweight gel with a smooth texture and blend-able color. The formula seems to have longer wear which I like even more than powder. Oily complexions should not be scared–it’s not heavy at all. Good shades with no shine!
12. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Never Fail Lip Gloss – I think I am going on my fifth year or more that I’d have to put this is as my favorite lipgloss. And for all the right reasons! It’s available in many, many different shades–warm, cool & neutral. It’s not sticky, but its consistency is just heavy enough to keep the color strong for hours. And if all that isn’t enough, the fact it conditions your lips while it’s on sets it apart from all the rest! I’m not sure if I’d agree with it’s 8 hour claim, but I would say out of all glosses I own, it does stay on and true to color the longest.
13. Physicians Formula Talc Free Mineral Wear Correcting Translucent Powder – This item is odd looking but it does the job. It’s a tri-color talc-free powder that adjusts with your skintone to set your makeup look giving you a nice, even matte finish. Plus it’s formula is gentle even on the most sensitive skin!
14. Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer – Some people may not say a coat of nail polish is part of your daily makeup routine, but for a well-put together look, I think it is a necessity. Nicely polished nails–in any color–just show that you care about your appearance. Does it have to be a flashy color? No. A neat white or bare pink is fine. But a fast-drying coat of polish that you can put on in minutes before flying out the door can really give you a well, put-togethered look.
15. Paul Mitchell Hold Me Tight Finishing Spray – Wait!! Before you grab your coat, purse, sunglasses and cell phone, give your hair one last look, fluff where needed, then give it an all over spray with this non-sticky, soft but strong holding hair spray. It keeps the frizzies in check, holds your style and doesn’t damage your hair with stiff gluey ingredients. Even though it is a salon brand, thank heavens you can get it in your local drugstore. My hair will be forever thankful!
So, I went a little over the usual Top 10 lists, but the fact is this: with my 15 items? Your skin, face, nails AND hair will be looking fab. I want to make sure you have not just MY favorite drug store items but my favorite items that can give you a complete look as well as take care of your skin! I’m not sure what drugstores are local to where you live so I didn’t want to quote stores or prices since they can vary. But, FYI? … All of the items I listed were found on walgreens.com and iPhone app. That can give you a lead on where you might want to start.
Hope this gave you some helpful info before your next glamour run at the store. Stay sassy ladies!!
Over the years, I have been asked on several occasions to try and review different cosmetics. One of the big items I get many samples of is loose mineral eyeshadow. I put any samples I get into 5 gm sifter jars and arrange them in my makeup drawer usually from light to dark. I would easily say I have over 100 samples of different colors. I’m not proud of that. I will probably have enough to last me till I get to the nursing home someday, and then will have enough to trade for chocolate pudding on weekends.
Although I have tons of different colors of loose mineral eyeshadows, I’m sad to say I use very little of them. It’s not that I don’t like them. In fact I love them! They are natural, highly pigmented, long lasting shades that take very little to achieve a desired look. But here is the problem: they are messy. If I don’t make a mess with the powder falling off the brush, I then have to fight the mess of shadow fallout on my face and cheeks. That part is annoying. I’ve always tried to follow the rule: do your eye makeup first, but even then, some mineral shadow falls out and can’t be blended naturally into the skin when it comes time to prepare your face. Then a face cleanser wipe is needed to clean the entire face–minus the eyes–and the face routine must be redone. Annoying. Hassle. Bah.
During my recent Twitter surf, I might have found the answer to my loose mineral eyeshadow problems. I’d love to give credit to the original poster but it’s been around Twitterverse so long now, I’ve lost track of how it was mapped! So, I decided to just throw up this “How To” blog post so if you are like me, you can get a solid grip on these loose high pigment shadows without your bathroom counter looking looking like a powdery rainbow explosion.
What you will need:
- Loose powder mineral eyeshadows in jars
- Rubbing alcohol (70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol is the best)
- Small piece of Saran Wrap
- Pressing pans & compacts (if desired)
1. Take your loose mineral eye shadow and remove the sifter if there is one. Gently tap the container on a counter or table so all the shadow is even at the bottom. If you want to add or mix colors, do it now. Make sure after you add any new pigments, you replace the cap, shake to mix & tap to make it even again.
2. Take the cotton off one end of the q-tip so all you have is the stick. CAREFULLY add a couple of drops of alcohol to the powder. You can do this with an eye dropper or by dunking the cotton end of the q-tip in the alcohol and squeezing the tip with your fingers so the drops go in the container.
4. If you want to put it in a shadow pan, use the q-tip to scrape it in. If you want to keep it in the jar, smooth it out as much as possible. Take the small piece of Saran Wrap and lay it over the shadow. Take a quarter (for a pan) or a bottom of a small tube, like a lipstick tube (for a jar) and press down a couple of times to pack it. Let it set with the weight on it for a minute or two.
5. Remove the plastic wrap and check to see if it is packed and solid. If it’s still loose or clumpy, add another drop of alcohol and pack again. If it’s too watery, let the alcohol evaporate for 5-10 minutes then pack again to see if it hardens. (You could also add a bit more powder shadow to thicken it up a bit, leave the top off for 5-10 min. then repack again.). If it is a perfect solid shadow, then you did it!
6. Leave the open jar or pan out in the air for 15-30 min to let any remaining alcohol “burn off”. Then take the finish product and either cap it if it’s in a jar or put the pan in a compact. Done, solid, no more mess! Your “new” solid eyeshadow is ready to use! Go play makeup!,
**NOTE** – Make sure the shadow is completely dry and packed before you use it. If it is the slightest bit creamy or “wet”, that means the alcohol hasn’t evaporated completely or you used too much and putting it near your eyes can cause burning and irritation. If you feel this happening, rinse your eye out with water and wait a while longer for the alcohol to evaporate. You can also add a bit more pigment powder in a similar shade to help thicken it and quicken the process.
The one thing I love about doing this is that I can blend various colors together to get unique shades. For example, tonight I combined a very light aqua blue, a bit of very dark blue sparkle and a bit of cream frost for a smoky peacock turquoise. SOOO pretty. My next challenge will be a deep maroon purple!
If you are looking for reasonably priced pans and pallets, the best place I’ve found is Stars Makeup Haven. They have all kinds of empty containers. Since my samples tend to be in small quantities, I’m leaving them in their 5 gm jars and just “solidifying” my favorites.
Enjoy mixing and creating! This is a great way to keep your favorite loose shadows ‘tight’ without a powdery mess in your drawers, purses, cases or bags! Try it and enjoy a new way to use natural mineral eyeshadows in a controlled, solid way!
This looks like a super easy, extra comfy set for tomorrow. Simple jeans & a neutral tee with some gold sandals, jewelry and makeup for a little pop and shimmer! Perfect with the girl with red hair!29 Jul
About six months ago, as my followers know, I took on a part time position in my local, favorite tattoo shop. Except for the fact that I have to set an alarm each night and pack a healthy lunch (which I usually don’t eat), my job doesn’t take me too far out of my natural element. I get to wear cool clothes that I love (as long as I don’t look like a Vegas hooker), I get to talk!, I feel useful, and I spend time with people I like. That’s pretty freaking awesome.
I’ll be honest, although my style of clothes before going back to work was pretty much casual yet edgy, I still stayed a little under the radar. I’d wear something now and then that would “pop”, but never anything that caused a stare. (My self esteem is still under construction.) But I do have to say, spending a few hours a day in a “no holds barred” atmosphere has brought me out of my shell a little more than before. Trust me, this isn’t a bad thing. Well, as long as I keep my wild side within reason.
I won’t deny the fact that the combination of being a writer and keeping in the loop about what’s hot in the glamour industry has definitely allowed me to be not just more “me” but a little more daring as well. Before I started as a writer, I was borderline fashionably pathetic. I probably owned only three pairs of jeans. (And not very stylish ones either.) I had one neutral lipstick and a trio pallet of neutral shadows. My shoe collection could fit in a dresser drawer and I maybe had two purses–the all the time purse and the funeral/out to dinner purse. Okay, so I’ve grown. I have evolved. And…I must say…so has my closet & makeup drawer. It took a while, a few trial & errors, but I think I’ve found MY style. But you have to be careful, you see. Because in this industry–and in this world–it’s easy to get comfortable in a zone. That’s okay, but you still need to always be learning. Be evolving. Be daring. I don’t care who you are or what you do: you can NEVER settle. Period.
So, what are a few things that I probably would never have considered putting in my fashion and glamour ensemble THEN that I might seriously consider NOW? Now that I’m more “out there”? Here are a few things I’d consider:
** Betsey Johnson Gold-Tone Crystal Skull Three-Row Pendant Necklace**
Equal parts edgy and cute, this Betsey Johnson three-row necklace boasts strands of faux pearls, faceted beads, and heart-shaped charms. This skull (yes I said skull!) pendant is embellished with glass crystals and complemented with a pink bow. Gritty and girly! This mix of colored metals makes for a great statement piece sure to make people look. Macy’s, $35.00
**Sinful Sea Wings T-Shirt**
This glitter graphic v-neck t-shirt takes fashion to another level with back lace-up detailing, crocheted raw edging, and hot pink sparkle detailing on a black background. There is no hiding in this shirt. Wearing it might not make you “sinful”, but you’ll still look damn good! You wear it and you WILL be noticed! Buckle, $44.00
**Leopard Print Maxi Skirt**
It’s fun to get a little wild when you wear this animal print, free-flowing maxi skirt that is perfect for summer. Featuring a soft knit body and wide foldover waistband, this skirt may be flowy and comfortable but still rocks a fun pattern. Jazz it with a crop top or comfy tee, some cool gladiator sandals and even a fun wide-brimmed hat for a down to earth safari look that’s not too over the top. Wetseal, $19.90
**Valentino Leather Rockstud Crossbody**
Okay, we can all dream. And I’ll be honest: if a legal windfall dropped into my checking account today, this baby would be on a delivery truck in less than 24 hours. This purse is SO outside my norm, it’s not even funny. First, I’d have trouble convincing myself that ANYONE could use a purse at that price. Second, being a redhead just doesn’t seem to scream for anything pink in my closet. And third… did I mention the price already? This purse über designer and heavy metal in more ways than one. The color is bold and pretty over the top. But if you are daring and can afford it… DO IT! (BTW? It also matches the Buckle Wings T-Shirt above–just something to think about.) TJMaxx.com, $1099.99
**Aqua Liquid Eye Liner**
Aqua is the new black? Not really, but a change in your eyeliner look can really turn heads. I was thrilled to have a place to wear a heavy-liner look each day when I left for work. Then all these cool colors came out! Liquid Eye goes on with a smooth, easy application–no tugging–but still gives you that bold, liquid look. Use it alone with a neutral shadow, or layer it over black for a seductive look with an edge (that’s what I do). The Liner glides on effortlessly and stays in place for smudge-proof, long-lasting wear–up to 24 hours! Plus it’s 100% paraben-free, so you can be sure your wild look is also a gentle one. Milani Cosmetics, $6.99
So, are you ready? Are you going to challenge yourself to put yourself out there? Go a little bit beyond your comfort zone? Do it! It’s fun, lifts your spirits, kicks up your self esteem, and widens your “out of the box” options! For me? It’s become fun to introduce my glamour routine to something new and exciting. And I can’t deny…it’s a nice little ego boost to catch someone grabbing a second glance. I would be willing to bet that you’d like it too!
Great outfit to wear to work tomorrow on a hot day! Light, breezy maxi skirt with a high-fashion tee brought alive with edgy accessories and a simple yet bold makeup look! Fashion Rocks!!22 Jul
$38 – janenorman.co.uk
$38 – boots.com
Today was another standard day at my “regular” job. Appointments went smooth, customers were great, conversations were fun. My day ended early, however, because I had an appointment to get some routine maintenance done on my car. On my way to my parking spot, it’s standard procedure for me to cross a very busy road. The closer to rush hour, the busier it is. Today I left before the car chaos began but it was still pretty busy. Before I even got to the curb to cross the road to my car, a large flatbed truck with three guys in it approached my sidewalk position. As I stopped for the fast-moving traffic, the truck occupants proceeded to honk, wave and stare. I’d be shocked if it was the first time this happened, but it wasn’t. Not to blow my own horn (pardon the pun), but it happens about 2-3 times a week. Some women would be shocked or even offended, but at this point, it doesn’t phase me anymore. Some men will just be men. I will take it as a compliment.
Now don’t think I’m a conceited princess who thinks the world stops when I enter a room or walk out a door. In fact, I’m just the opposite. I was the ultimate dork in high school (which was a quite a while ago). Even now, I hate my teeth, I have no boobs, I’m too thin, and I’m trying to get through a major hair mishap that happened six months ago. Sure, my husband tells me I’m beautiful, but I think it’s unwritten marriage law he needs to a few times a month. (He means it though, I know.) Women often express displeasure with my size. The fact that I can eat the entire drive-thru menu at McDonalds for lunch and never gain a pound does not make me many friends. The phrase, “I hate you for that!” has been said on more than one occasion. Seriously, do I have to show you photos of my healthy 6’3″ father who only weighed 160 lbs? Come on people… Please. It’s genetics and metabolism–don’t hate the gene pool.
In my opinion, I’m not beautiful, not gorgeous and barely average. So, why do I get honks, waves and smiles? Well an easy answer could be that I work in a town where there aren’t many “average” girls, but that’s not true. I think it goes beyond that. In fact, it goes into an area where we all could take a lesson or two. And guess what? I’m going to give it to you.
Being “attractive” goes beyond skin deep. Granted, taking care of yourself to keep your skin in great condition and using products to slow the hands of time doesn’t hurt. Wearing the things that fit right and make you look pretty is a plus too. Taking care of your mind, body and soul is youthful–inside and out. But a lot of what turns heads isn’t on the surface. It’s other things. Three simple things, actually:
Smile. A nice smile doesn’t just light up your face, it lights up your soul. It illuminates you. You shine. I don’t care if your teeth need a bleaching or your lips are chapped. A smile shows the world you are happy where you are and life is good. Who wouldn’t appreciate that? You’ve dealt with everything life has dealt you and you’ve still survived with a smile. That’s appealing (and intriguing) to many!
Walk tall. Walk with a spring in your step. Walk like you have someplace important to be. Walk like YOU are important. This stirs curiosity. Who is this girl? What is she doing? Where is she going? People will think “I want to do what she’s doing!” or “Holy composed, Batman, who is THAT?!” There doesn’t have to be a reason for you to bleed confidence–you just have to hold yourself, walk, talk, and stand like you own the world in the palm of your hand. Practice. Put on a pair of heels and stand in front of a mirror. Stand straight. Shoulders back. Smile. Tilt your head. Don’t pose like a hussy but stand like you are royalty. A little confidence goes a long way.
Start the day & finish the day with class. It doesn’t matter if you work 9-5, spend the day running errands or are labeled as the mom taxi. You have no reason to look “frumpy”. Ever. EVER! Even if you stay home all day doing dishes and vacuuming, you better put on some lipstick and mascara to get the mail. Yes, the MAIL! There is no excuse for you not to put on something to make you feel good about yourself: makeup, perfume, your favorite top, tight jeans, jazzy shoes. Anything. Just pamper yourself. You deserve it! Whether it be for three minutes or three hours, treat yourself nice. No matter how boring or routine your day is, lift yourself up. It will lighten your spirits and others will notice. Now, also remember this–how you start the day is how you should end it. Keep your hair neat, makeup fresh, lips tinted, standing strong, being happy. From start to finish–even if you have to paint on a smile–finish the day strong. No matter how tired or drained you are, let no one see it. To them…AND you?
You. Are. Invincible.
Now, don’t get me wrong. Doing these things doesn’t guarantee you a horn honk crossing through the parking lot at your local CVS. But you will at least get you a look from both men and women. Men are attracted and curious about your confidence, your tenacity, your spirit. Women will look too, of course. They will look you over–head to toe (oh, you know that’s how they are). They may be curious about your assurance, your poise and your certainty, but like a typical female, they will also check out your shoes and bag! The fact is, you walked into a room like you owned it. Even though you might be falling apart on the inside, you are totally together on the out. This confidence will not just lift you up to a whole new level, but you’ll be surprised… you might even get a honk or two. Or ten!
Once upon a time, a long long time ago, there was a redhead who was waist deep in a home based business. The economy turned, women got too busy for parties, and comparable items were available in the local mall or drugstore for less. Soon, reports came out about company animal testing, non-USA made products, and some added ingredients that were on an “unsafe” list. Was this an organization I wanted to be a part of? Nope, no more. I was done–REALLY DONE. I did however learn a lot about the skin care industry, found a few products I liked, then stepped away… giving me time to do a lot of research and follow my dream to write. I learned about what was good for the skin, what was not, what ingredients were healthy, what ones were certainly not. I couldn’t learn enough! And OH!…the things I learned.
After six years of researching, investigating, writing, testing and trying various products (including some I made myself), I became very particular about what was going on my face and body. General rule of thumb for my skin became “If you can’t eat it, you shouldn’t use it.” Most of my bathroom vanity consisted of natural products I had found, free of unhealthy additives and chemicals. A lot I had made with simple products found in most peoples kitchens. Some things weren’t easy to find–more so makeup items than skin care–but with a lot of hunting, I was able to find mineral face, eye and cheek cosmetics and homemade lip products that were to my liking. Still, I wish that I could find safe, natural, good-quality skin care products without harsh chemicals, additives, and ingredients that would I wouldn’t react to, for sale on the open market. Plus, I wanted to support my neighbors, people who worked and produced products like this in the US. I wanted products that contained ingredients I new that were originated in towns I had heard of! Oh, and was it too much to ask that products like these could be sold at a price that wouldn’t break the bank? Almost sounds virtually impossible, right? For a while, I thought yes… but then I found Perfectly Posh.
Now, we know that I manage a tattoo shop part time to keep myself sane (yeah, process that!) One of our regular customers whom I had the pleasure of meeting shortly after I started there came in for an appointment one evening. I had left for the day when she came in and was sad I had to miss her. Shannon is a doll and there is always a fun time when we are all together. When I came in the next day, however, I found a beautiful pink gift bag stocked with samples of all kinds of “pampering products”. Okay, first let me say DA-ROOL!… I’m a sucker for samples that make me feel & smell delish! As I investigated further, I found they were from Shannon, as she was a consultant with the Perfectly Posh organization. At first, I’ll be honest, I was very skeptical–my home based business radar kicked into high alert. Memories of stalking unit leaders and free pink car drivers reciting monotonous mantras began replaying in my head. I honestly took out each sample while surrounding myself with a brick wall so no song, dance and mind-game manipulation would get to me. And if this stuff WAS so good, why hadn’t I heard about it before now, hmm? So like every good writer, I decided to research the company AND the products to see how they compared to or exceeded similar items on the market. Let’s start with what I learned about Perfectly Posh and their product line:
The company wants you to know that YOU deserve to be pampered. (I agree with this 100%. If you don’t take a few minutes each day to make yourself feel special, you’ll get eaten alive in this world. I’m not saying you need a whole day at the spa, but take some time, each day, for you. It will liven your mood to be a better mom, wife, student, employee, boss, whatever. Take time for YOU!)
- Posh strives for quality. They use gentle ingredients. The avoid dangerous fillers.
- They love natural ingredients like butters and oils.
- They WANT you to read their ingredient lists and labels so you know what is in everything and where it is from so there is no deception or hidden secrets. (Big plus with me. I’ve done my research so no one is going to b.s. This redhead. And they didn’t. What they said was there, was there; what they said wasn’t, wasn’t.)
I found a peace of mind when I learned the following about Posh products–
- All products paraffin-free. They are also free of sulfates including SLS.
- Their items also do not contain any petroleum-derived ingredients, parabens, or gluten ingredients.
- There are no soy fillers, and no lanolin.
- They use the highest-quality essential oils and fine phthalate-free fragrances.
- Products are very natural and consequently gentle–read the labels.
- They use natural enzymes and gently moisturizing vitamin E to preserve the life and look of our pampering products.
- All of their products are cruelty-free with NO testing on animals.
- Perfectly Posh does things differently. They offer your pampering products made from the best ingredients mother nature has to offer. They source gentle, nourishing, and the best ingredients from all over the world, then create great, natural products right here in the United States.
Maybe for some, those thing mean very little, maybe they don’t mean too much at all. But TO ME??? They meant a lot! So when I went through my big bag of samples to play with, I took out “The Posh Paper” (their catalog, printed on recycled paper) to learn about the benefits of each product I was trying, its ingredients, and how i could benefit from it. The first thing I noticed it that every product, in addition to its ingredients, has a Posh Product Key. The Key Codes help you find products with particular features while looking at the catalog. For example:
N = Natural Fragrance… No Color = No Color Added…..
D-Tox = D-Tox Ingredients Added… FF = Fragrance Free…..
EO = Essential Oils… V = Vegan…..
These little guides can be very helpful when looking for products that can interfere with a customer’s senses, allergies, or personal preferences.
After about a week, I had managed to try almost everything I got a sample of. Almost everything I tried, I liked. That’s good! The ingredients were things I had tried or used in the past and liked, but had trouble finding in products on store shelves. Everything seemed very clean, organized, informative and easy to try. It didn’t take me long to find a few I absolutely loved.
So, what did I put on my first order? Well let’s break down my favorites:
Having sensitive skin really reduces my options for products to not just clean and calm my face, but also keep me looking young. Finding ones that do that on a natural level is almost impossible! Posh’s “Look Natural” line has an array of face products that give my skin what it needs without the ingredients it doesn’t. Important features that this skin care line has are:
- Gentle 100% Vegan Blends
- No fillers
- No parabens or sulfates
- No dyes or phthalates
- 100% natural fragrances & essential oils
I was lucky enough that Shannon was able to sample me almost every “Look Natural” item. I was glad because this really gave me a chance to see how my skin would react first before purchasing anything. Now that I have, I can share!
BFF: Best Face Forever wash was an immediate score. A gentle exfoliant is what my face likes 2-3x a week, and this gentle wash with very fine microbeads does just that. It’s surrounded by a combination of refreshing grapefruit and peppermint oils to help wash, freshen & soothe. Not too harsh at all to cause any discomfort, burning or reaction. A definite win! $20 (V, No Color, EO)
Delish! fashwash is what I turn to when I just need a simple, natural face wash. Nourishing & non-drying, this gentle cleanser removes dirt, oils, makeup & dead skin with natural fruit extracts. Being non-exfolliating, it can be used morning and night in between BFF treatments. And the scent is tasty too! $20 (V, No Color, N, EO)
Moisturize 911: This was a must-have item from Posh’s “Pretty” line. Even though the Pretty items kind of target the younger market, the formulas are spot on for people of all ages, especially ones that want to fight aging before signs creep in. I had done enough research over the years to learn that small amounts of caffeine in some skin care items can provide fabulous benefits–they tighten and brighten even the tiredest of faces and skin. This twice a day caffeine-infused glycerin moisturizer leaves your face a wake up call in the morning by firming and brightening. At night, I just let it do its magic while I sleep. It’s absorbed into the skin quickly, leaving a fresh, smooth feel while evening out your skin tone. A no-brainer for those who want to start a good skin routine or keep healthy skin looking its best! $16 (V, EO, N, No Color)
Since Perfectly Posh focuses on taking some time for you, to make yourself feel pampered and pretty, a home spa day definitely is going to focus on products to make you feel special from head to toe. Not only do you want to relax but you also want good, natural, products to make this happen. Now, I myself, am not a bath girl. I like my showers, and if allowed, I’ll stay in till every last drop of hot water is used. (I know–bad for redheads. Very bad!) So I am going to look for things that will make me feel good when I’m in and when I get out! That’s why I love:
The Daily Grind: Hello?…Who doesn’t like to start their day with coffee? Okay, so not everyone, but I do! The Daily Grind is a great body scrub that eliminates the dead, dry, top layers of skin while limiting the breakdown of skin structure. That’s thanks to the natural cleansing & clearing elements of the coffee bean which is also a huge benefit to aid in the prevention of cellulite. Plus the scrub isn’t too abrasive so it preserves your beautiful surface skin. Cleanses and clears in one step. Love the smell, love the results! $24 (EO, V, No Colors)
Skindelicious: Your body’s skin needs to stay moist, and unnatural & pore-clogging petroleum based products are not the answer. I have been raving about the benefits of natural oils and butters for years, so to see a company that actually agrees with my way of thinking is a big deal. (Yeay!–applause for Sassy!) Posh’s Scrumptious Body Butters contain nothing but the best moisturizing and hydrating ingredients that you can feed your skin to keep it feeling soft and fresh all day long. Some like to use it before bed, others like to start the day off with an all-over blanket of moisture and freshness. With eight formulas to choose from, you should have no problem fining the scent/formula that will help keep you get the most for your best skin ever! My pick? Mango Marshmallow–luxurious mango butter with nourishing marshmallow and vanilla extracts to increase the skin’s natural cell regeneration process. $22 (V, No Color)
Okay, I’ve got more to talk about, but we will stop for now. Like I said, Perfectly Posh has great products to pamper you from head to toe and next time we will talk about pampering some if those other parts that need a little TLC too: lips, hands and feet. So, for now, if you are interested in reading more about the Perfectly Posh company and the great products Shannon has graciously let me try (or others you might like!), check out Shannon’s page at: www.perfectlyposh.com/sls
And if you want to ask me about anything I’ve tried? Don’t hesitate to ask. Click the *Click Here To Contact Sassy* link and ask away! I’ll be honest about what I’ve used, and my thoughts and results with each. And have you had experience with Perfectly Posh products. What did you think? Add you comments below! I’d love to know what my readers are thinking!
Now, what are you waiting for? Go make a cup of tea/coffee/fresh lemonade, kick back, relax, and take some time for you. YOU deserve it!!Now, what are you waiting for? Go make a cup of tea/coffee/fresh lemonade, kick back, relax, and take some time for you. YOU deserve it!!