Okay I know. I’m a slug. I haven’t written anything in forever. Sure I could give you the runaround story about being too busy to do this or that but the fact of the matter is with the holidays quickly approaching I’m just beat. It takes effort for me to even get the mail lately. I can’t blog about things that I experience on a daily basis because nobody wants to hear about road rage, packed parking lots, or long doctor visits. You want to read about fashion and glamour, and it is my job to deliver that to you. So let’s work with that.
It’s the beginning of December, and I found a few things last month that I really fell in love with. I try and try to tell myself I have more than enough makeup, skincare, shoes and clothes and don’t need anything else. I don’t even need to try or test anything. I like what I have. Yet without fail, something new makes it into my shopping cart every time I go to the store.
So let me give you a quick rundown of the things that I’ve discovered lately that I quite possibly cannot live without now. Of course, this may change. But hey… I’m fickle… I admit it.
1. Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford Serum – Okay, I lucked out on this one. I actually got this as a trial sample in the mail, and I’m very glad I did. We all know that serums are the wave of the future for skincare, and this one does everything you could possibly want or need. I admit, it gets confusing and cluttered having a serum around for every problem your skin might have. Fine lines, deep wrinkles, uneven skin tone, large pores, sagging eyes, the list goes on and on. And, of course, I needed something to fight every single one of those problems. Cindy Crawford’s Meaningful Beauty serum does it all. No lie. I use a little at night just before bed, and I’m done. If my skin is feeling really dry, I might add an extra moisturizer over it. But if not, it’s one product and that’s it. I love simple. I noticed a difference in my skin in less than a week after I started using this product. My skin’s tone was more even, my pores smaller, less fine lines and wrinkles. I mean a NOTICEABLE difference. If I didn’t have so many other products in my bathroom right now, I’d buy the Meaning Beauty skincare set today. But as soon as my inventory goes down, I’ll be buying this right away.
2. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish in “Hi Ho Silver” – I like metallic nail polishes just as much as the next person. But the fact is they just look like fake colored paint to me. Or my nails got hit by a glitter blizzard. If I want a metallic polish, I want shine… not frost. I began to look for a nice metallic polish for the holidays several weeks ago. I was finding nothing. The selection was so bad that I almost bought spray paint to do my nails. Although I was primarily looking for gold, silver was still an option. I’m glad it was because “Hi Ho Silver” is a fabulous color. There is no glitter or sparkles. There is no dull color. It’s a flat out super shiny silver like you would see on a brand-new car. It catches the light and shines dramatically. I’m really excited to try it with some nail art pens–I think it would be a great base for some nice designs. Not to mention?… Sally Hansen’s formula is great. It lasts really long without chipping or peeling. This was a great add to my manicure collection.
3. e.l.f. Studio Blush in “Fuchsia Fusion” – It’s gospel that redheads and most pinks don’t like each other in makeup or fashion. But the fact is, I saw this blush in a glam mag on a redhead and knew right then I had to have it. It was flashy, it was sparkly, and it screamed sassy! I had often seen e.l.f. products at my local Target store, and had heard positive things about the items and their fabulous prices, but had never tried any myself. I started getting a few brushes which are great and affordable, but never got any makeup items. Until now. The blush was in stock at my store, so I was excited to be able to start trying it immediately. And at that price? It’s was a no-brainer decision. I love it! It doesn’t clash with my red hair and gives my pasty winter white skin a nice cool glow with a shimmery pop. Gorg!
4. Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner – I wish I could take the credit for this one but I actually have to give big props to my daughter. She picked out this set after reading that Moroccan Argan Oil is great for helping hair grow to strong and healthy….and fast! She liked it and yes, her hair grew faster, but she felt her scalp was itchy and was afraid it was this new shampoo that was causing it. So she put it off to the side. One day, I decided to read up on it a bit more. With my color-treated wavy hair, these products seemed perfect! “Organix Moraccan Aragn Oil shampoo and conditioner penetrate into the hair shaft to help mend your hair and give it strength and shine.” I like the fact the formula is free of parabens and sulfates making it safe for color-treated hair. Plus now with my wavy 80′s perm, it keeps my hair soft and silky, while protecting it against styling heat and UV damage. No frizzies here. I love how my hair looks and feels with these products. Finally, my hair is strong and healthy, without it feeling like hay in a wind tunnel. I guess one person’s loss is another person’s gain…at least it was in this house with hair products! Thanks to my daughter for my new hair goodies.
5. Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Super Skinny Denim Jeans in Denim Blue – I will admit, my jeans collection is extensive. I do NOT need any more jeans. BUT, when I saw these I fell in love. The color is slightly washed out which makes them look more casual. But sharp! The fit is perfect without being too tight or too bunchy. And on one front pocket, there are cool little brass studs. They are über cute. I got them on a steal of a deal and were barely $10 by the time the discounts were taken. With winter weather upon us, it’s nice to have good fitting jeans that you can still tuck in your boots and not have be uncomfortable or look slouchy messy. These jeans are stylish! I’m glad I took the chance with them–even more glad I got more than one (or two!) pair.
Okay, Sassinistas… that’s my December list of new fashion and glamour items that I’ve fallen in love with. How about you? Do YOU have any new finds that you are loving on? If so, share away! I like to know what YOU have discovered…so maybe I can try it too!