Each month, I try to list six new things that I have found, tried, and liked. They may be something I will include in my daily routine, or they may just be something that I think is a good product but just not for me. Here are my six favorite things that I found in February that I think are pretty awesome and you might like as well:
1) Garnier Sensitive Skin Towelettes – I am a fan of many Garnier products, but when I saw this one, it really caught my eye. Not because it just removed waterproof mascara (which is very important to me) but also because that it was dye free, fragrance free AND made for sensitive skin! I like that they offer two different towelettes for different skin types. Heaven knows we ALL don’t have the same skin type, and the more specific the products I use on mine, the better. Keeping my fingers crossed that these will be a nice choice for a “clean face on the fly” situation. (Walmart, $4.97)
2) L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Gloss Lip Gloss – I am a lip gloss whore. I admit it. I will try anything new, and the shinier the better. I got a sample as a perk one month from L’Oreal and didn’t think too much of it. I just added it to the collection. But one day, I was in a bind for a nude gloss so I grabbed the L’Oreal sample of Nude Illusion. OMG, fell in love immediately! Yup, samples sell. I went out, coupons and deals in hand, and I got three more shades to cover just about every color scheme I own. The gloss is shiny, it’s consistency is thick, and it screams runway ready. And it has just a hint of butter cream scent/flavor which is fab. Just what I love–my kind of gloss! (CVS, $7.99)
3) BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Chic Perfume – I was really in the mood for a new scent to welcome in the new season that is quickly approaching, so I wanted something bold, sassy, fresh, sexy and alluring. I found all that and more from BCBG. Not only that, but for a limited time, Macy’s is offering a complete fragrance set with medium sized bottle of the perfume, a purse sized bottle, a shower gel and a body lotion, all for one low price. I always stress that layering your scent will help it last longer and keep the scent true. This set gives you everything to do just that. Oh and did I mention you just happen to get a large gold overnight bag as a free gift with purchase? Ah, yah…cha ching! Freebies=good! (Macy’s, $75)
4) Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in Black Diamonds – The black polish thing is really growing on me. When done neat and precise, it’s very stunning. But I have to admit I’m a sparkly/frost polish kind of girl and most black polishes are just shiny black. When I found Sally Hansen’s diamond polish, it was exactly what I had been looking for. Straight up black with bling. I think it’s going to be perfect for pretty designs and funky looks, plus make people take a second look at my jazzy nails! (CVS, $4.99)
5) Juicy Couture Velour Track Pants – Anyone who knows me knows I’m not a brand chaser. If it fits and looks nice, then it is for me. That goes from thrift store jeans right through to couture gowns. With that being said, I never was a huge fan of Juicy track attire because I actually thought you were just paying for the name and you could get something comparable at a less expensive retail store. Okay, that was until I got a scream of a coupon deal with Juicy that I couldn’t pass up. I had a code for an additional 70% off all sale merchandise. My first thought was to check out the velour pants since they are so known and chic. I found two pair, less than $30 each on sale with the code. I got them and they are awesome! The fit is great, they wash like a dream, hold their softness, and look fab. I doubt I’ll ever pay full price for a pair, but on a sale like that, I had to follow the trend! (JuicyCouture.com, $23)
6) Cranberry Juice – Nope, it’s not just for bladder infections anymore! (Sorry, bad female joke) As a redhead it is important for me to do whatever I need to in order to keep my hair its sexy shade of red and prevent premature fading. Cranberry juice does just that. Now remember, you can’t just buy a cheap store brand of some juice blend. You need to be specific here. You have to find 100% cranberry juice, unsweetened and not in a blend. Ingredients should be: cranberry juice, water. THAT’S IT! After I condition my hair in the shower, I let it set for a minute or two then take a small mist bottle full of the cranberry juice and cover the hair, lifting and spritzing. Massage the juice in with the conditioner and make sure all your hair is coated. Let sit a few more minutes then rinse THOROUGHLY! The natural color of the cranberries plus its abundance of vitamin C helps to brighten your hair, prevent breakage, and protect it from harsh environmental elements. Keeping those auburn locks shiny is major plus in my book! (R.W. Knudsen Just Cranberry Juice 32 oz., Walmart, $5.75)
So these are my six sexy finds in the past month. How about you? Have anything new you have bought or sampled that you weren’t expecting to like or buy? Show and tell, ladies! We want to know! Us females are always dying to dish about some new goodie or tricks that we just love to love. So share away!!