1. Digging out the extra blanket on that first chilly night.
2. Goodbye bright summer fashion shades, hello rich warm hues.
3. The smell of pumpkin and spice fragranced oils and candles.
4. Being able to crack a window for a little cool, fresh air.
5. Warm fresh apple pie.
6. Watching the leaves turn bright colors that even Crayola couldn’t invent.
7. No more oily skin from hot, humid days.
8. Less lawn mowing.
9. Long sweaters that cover a multitude of sins (and cookies).
10. Baseball playoffs!
11. The warm fuzzy robe and matching slippers.
12. Sorting through your kids’ bag of Halloween candy “for safety reasons”. (I’ve managed to convince my children that Charlston Chews, Baby Ruths, and Kit Kats are the root of all evil.)
Reasons Why I Hate October:
1. Getting out of the shower on a freezing cold morning..
2. Digging your warmer clothes out of the storage bins that are in the deep depths of your closet, that got covered in endless flip flops and sunny tote bags.
3. Your rose bushes are no longer green.
4. Chapped lips.
5. Endless comfort foods that seem to go straight to your hips.
7. Christmas decorations in the department stores BEFORE Halloween.
8. Raking leaves non-stop.
9. The hibernation of young, buff, shirtless landscapers. Sigh.
10. Baseball playoffs when your team doesn’t make it.
11. The beginning of cold and flu season, and little kids that feel the need to cough on you in the supermarket.
12. Candy corn (my husband said that).