What did I stumbled upon that I am loving big time this past month? Here’s my list of the five items that have made their way into my cosmetic drawer or fashion closet and have become new favorites of mine:
1. Aveeno’s Ultra Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser – I have been a fan of Aveeno products ever since my skin got thrown into turmoil over a year ago and everything I owned made my face itch, burn and turn red. My dermatologist raved about Aveeno products to calm my skin and after trying a few free samples, I was hooked. In the winter, the cold air outside and the dry air inside sucks out any extra moisture that my combination skin might have. This soap-free creamy cleanser not only washes away all of my face’s dirt and makeup but also soothes and moisturizes my dry skin. It comes in a good sized tube and a little goes a long way. Available at most retail stores, approx. $8
2. Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum Roll-On – Can’t get enough couture in your life? Well this is a way to have just enough to make you feel juicy all over! Juicy Couture has this neat little roll-on perfume in its second generation of scents that is the right size to fit into your purse, clutch, backpack or even pocket. With notes of wild berries, honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine finished off with a sweet touch of vanilla, caramel and praline, this scent is sure to make you feel fun, flirty and sexy day or night! And at the great try-me price, you can’t go wrong! Available at Sephora, $16
3. Avon’s SuperExtend Mascara – Want your lashes to look uber-long without being clumpy? Then this mascara is for you. It lengthens lashes longer than any other mascara I’ve ever used. It thickens as well, but without the fuzzy tarantula look. It is a waterproof formula and I find it wears all day without a smudge or a flake, yet it still comes off with regular cleanser (although I do use an eye makeup remover anyways, by habit.) The combo brush/comb separates each and every lash perfectly, and the long applicator makes it easy to get to every little lash—inside and out. Plus it comes in all shades, including blue. Available from local Avon reps and avon.com, introductory price of $4
4. Bath and Body Works’ Liplicious Lip Gloss in “Saltwater Taffy” – How can you enjoy the sweet, creamy flavor of a favorite boardwalk treat while moisturizing your lips with a high-shine gloss? Just pick up one of these little babies, especially while they are on sale! I love a flavored gloss and this yummy find just tickles my taste buds. I have always been a fan of B&BW’s Liplicious glosses and own a few already. But their introduction to a few new flavors made me go running back for more. The shade is a sheer lilac and doesn’t do too much alone for color, but is awesome for a natural look. It’s even better over your favorite liners or lipstick for extra shine and flavor. I loved it so much I grabbed one for the purse and one for home! Available at local Bath and Body Works stores or online at bathandbodyworks.com, $7. (Currently on sale, buy two get one free)
5. Any glamour item that is purple – From the deep rich plums of winter to the light bright lilacs of spring, there is nothing hotter in fashion right now than the color purple. From the fairest blondes to the darkest brunettes and everyone in between (including the auburn redheads like myself!) there is a shade to be found for everyone. And when I say glamour, I don’t just mean makeup. Purple is making a strong stand in every fashion area as well, especially shoes, handbags, and jackets. And of course, we can’t forget the always stunning eye and lip colors too. My jazzy finds include Madden Girl’s Woven Platform Sandals in purple, Victoria’s Secret, $49; Mossimo’s Satin Wrap Trench Coat in purple, Target, $40; GUESS Glamour Shine Top Zip handbag in purple, Zappos, $72; and Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Crash” (deep eggplant with silver glitter), Sephora, $17.
As always, I hope you dare to be different, dynamic and dazzling! Let me know if you have any hot finds this month and until next time… have a mind-blowing March!!