Everything that is associated with fall is enjoyable for me. Pumpkin carving, picking apples, making pies, the bright red and orange leaves, Halloween parties, allergies. Okay, so not everything is enjoyable. But I think the thing I love the most is that coolness in the air that tells me that a new season of fashion trends in here. So what are a few of the things that I will be enjoying this autumn? Take a peek…
1) New Boots – Anyone who follows fashion knows that boots aren’t just for bad weather anymore. In fact, as I look at some of the styles that are popular right now, I am convinced that wearing them on ice and/or snow could be detrimental to your health. Because being sure on my feet is very important to me, my hot boot this season is not too high, slightly chunky, and has a non-slip sole. Plus it’s killer chic with all the hot fashions this season. Kenneth Cole Reaction’s Lead Actress, $129, shoes.com
2) A New Scent – In the fall, I tend to lean towards fragrances that are a little “deeper” when the temperatures get cooler and my new fave is no exception. With top notes including blackberry and plum, mid-notes of burgundy rose and peony, and base notes of dark vanilla bean, balsam, and musks, this new aroma is daring and sensual without losing an ounce of femininity. Plus, it comes in many different forms including a body butter and shimmering body mist. Bath and Body Works’ Dark Kiss, from $5, Bath and Body Works retail stores.
3) Denim Leggings – It took me a little while to fall in love with the skinny jean, but the denim legging was an instant attraction. The fashion possibilities are endless when paired with tops ranging from a slim tank and boyfriend jacket to a long, tunic sweater. Plus they are the perfect love connection when matched with any jazzy style of boot!! Mudd’s Broomstick Skinny Jegging, $22, Kohl’s retail stores and kohls.com
4) A Trendy Hat – With accessorizing in the spotlight nowadays, nothing screams chic more than an in-style hat. Plus, in my wardrobe it serves two purposes: not only does it add a bit of pop to an already contemporary outfit, but it is also a great way to hide some unruly hair on a bad weather day! mark’s Put a Lid on It Hat, $16, local Avon representatives or avon.com
5) A Yummy Lip Gloss – Cooler temps mean drier skin… especially lips! Trying to keep my lips moist and colorful at the same time has always been a challenge for me. This year, I found a lip product full of glossy color with a moisturizing shine. And my favorite flavor is a tasty, neutral shade that provides a nude sparkle when worn alone or a pearl shimmer when worn over a favorite lipstick color. Bonnebell’s LipLITES Vanilla Swirl, from $4, drugstores or retail establishments
Take some time and have fun creating your own seasonal ensemble, fashionistas! I’m off to create some jazzy looks of my own.
But first?… I have a nice cup of hot cider with cinnamon schnapps calling my name. Fall yumminess at its BEST!!