Can you be serious…. April is over? It’s MAY? I am the first to say that I have been waiting patiently for longer days and warmer temps for a while now. But wow, April sure flew by. I guess when you are stuck inside during cold, cruddy, wet weather, time flies. At least that’s what I’m trying to tell myself. Work with me.
Even with April flying by, I was still able to find my six monthly gotta-love-’em items. Some came in right under the wire too! So what did Sassy fall in love with last month? Lets take a look:
1. Kate Spade’s “Live Colorfully” – Samples sell, people…samples sell. This was a scratch and sniff flap sample in one of my glam mags last month. I probably would have purchased a full sized bottle I liked it so much, but I’ve been falling for so many scents with this new season upon us so I decided to get the rollerball. This worked out perfect too because I can just throw it in my purse when I have a long day out of the house. With top notes of mandarin & pink water lily, a heart of golden gardenia & coconut water and nice lingering notes of sheer amber & tahitian vanilla, this light perfume stays with me all day. kate spade nailed this new scent for the season, in a bright crystal bottle with a light, refreshing scent. It combines fun, sexy, flirty and seductive all in one easy-to-wear, easy-to-carry scent. A Nordstrom exclusive! ($24.00)
2. OPI’s Nail Lacquer in “Pussy Galore” – Go ahead, get the giggles out now. Heck, I did it too. Done? Okay. OPI created a fabulous collection based on fab girls from the James Bond movies. What’s so cool about this line is it is known as “liquid sand”. The polish, when dry, actually feels like you painted your nails then rolled them in…umm…sand! It’s different, it’s funky, and that’s what we love about OPI. The color “Pussy Galore” is a shimmery, sparkly baby pink. It is THE perfect polish if your nails are at an in between stage like mine are now. I broke a few so I had to cut them all down and start over. This color is muted enough to not stand out and scream, “My nails look like baahh!” but gives it enough color AND texture to still look neat. Right now I’m REALLY impressed that I’ve had it on for four days and do not have one chip. I might have to look further into the other colors in this collection! (Available at select beauty stores, $8.50)
3. Lancôme Paris CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base – Primers are not just hot sellers, but are becoming almost requirements to get the look you want with your makeup, plus get it to stay fresh looking all day. A sweetheart of a girl who works the fragrance counter at my local Macy’s is gorgeous, and one of her best features is her eyes. I asked her what exactly did she used and she showed me. Although I was familiar with the Hypnolash mascara she wore, I wasn’t familiar with this mascara primer. It’s really easy to use…basically goes on with a white base using a regular mascara brush. This pre-lengthens and pre-plumps your lashes, prepping them for whatever mascara you use, helping it to give your mascara its full potential. To combine it with Lancôme’s Hypnose Star Mascara gives you long, lush, full, fluffy lashes that STAY just like the instant you put it on and keeps going ALL DAY. Am I thrilled with adding another step to my routine?…not completely. But the fact that the Super-Enhancing Mascara Base mascara gives my eyes the look of wearing false lashes is totally FAB! Totally worth it—thanks, girlfriend! (Macy’s, $24.00)
4. Yes To Blueberries Age Refresh Overnight Hydrating Cream – I’ve always been a fan of the Yes To brand. It targets specific concerns while keeping true to its promise of a natural, cruelty-free products. I am a big fan of the Yes To Cucumbers makeup remover wipes, so when I won this night cream from a website drawing, I was excited. I won’t lie: I have a nighttime serum that I use faithfully to help cell turnover, exposing younger firmer skin. But it’s a serum and serums target problem areas you want to fix. No matter whether it be day or night, you need a serum to do the dirty work, but you still need a daytime moisturizer with an SPF and a night cream that hydrates and combats aging. I have a lot of moisturizers that I’ve collected over the years, but nothing specifically for night. Yes To Blueberries Overnight Hydrating Cream was exactly what I needed. It is 97% natural, hydrates my skin without making it feel greasy, refreshing scent, and keeps my face smooth. Now the bad news–this specific YTB night cream is no longer available to the public. (*sniff sniff*-tissue please). But the good news it has been replaced by Yes To Blueberries Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. This product is 99% natural and works hard to fight deep wrinkles as well as to hydrate skin. You actually get more benefits with the newer product! I can personally say I have noticed a BIG difference in my skin with this cream. Plus the quantity for the price is AH-MA-ZING! Keeping me looking young is what I want and that is what YTB Night Cream does for for me. (Retail outlets & drug stores, $13.99)
5. Nuance Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover – Ever since I can remember, I’ve only used two eye makeup removers. After all these years, I now have a conundrum: one of them has gone up in price significantly and the other has been discontinued. Figures. I was given a sample of a high-end solution which I absolutely loved, but the price was really steep. So I headed to CVS to check out other options since they were having a fab skin care sale this week. I happened to stumble upon Salma Hayek’s Makeup Remover. It caught my eye instantly because it had the dual layer formula which is very important when removing waterproof makeup. I did a bit of online research and everyone who had tried it gave it five stars. Good testimonial right there. The regular price for a 4.3 oz. bottle is $7.99, but this week it was BOGO half price. AND I had a $1.50 off coupon. The deal was made. And I’m glad… because its awesome! It’s not greasy at all, has no scent, is very lightweight, and gets off even the toughest waterproof makeup (with glitter too!) I grabbed two bottles which should last for some time. I may even have to check out Salma Hayek’s other beauty items when I go back to the store! (CVS, $7.99)
6. GUESS Kate Skinny Black Jeans with Side Lace Up – Okay, I’m sure the description alone sounds like something out of a Harley Biker Wear catalog. But it’s not. In fact, these jeans scream “Rockstar!” Low rise, true black denim pants with a crisis-cross lace design down on each outer side. They look hot, they make you feel sexy, they fit in all the right places and they are to die for. Nothing cutting, creasing, or wedging in the wrong places. I swear these jeans were made for me! In fact, so did Ian, my sales associate at GUESS! I’d LOVE for you to see an actual picture of them but they are SO NEW that they haven’t made it to the advertising phase yet. (I love being the new girl on the block.) The picture shown is the same pants in brown faux suede, so you get an idea. I have to say, without a smile, that these were the most expensive pair of jeans I have ever bought. And if I didn’t think they’d get worn or didn’t fit that good, I would not have bought them. But oh baby….. I WILL get my money’s worth and then some. And then some more! (GUESS retail stores, $148)
I have to say, I was worried early in the month. I wasn’t buying a lot of things and was pretty content with what I was using. Plus the weather is getting warmer so digging out the Spring clothes was like getting a whole new wardrobe! But these fab six managed to make their way into my life, and for that I’m thankful. As always, I encourage you to try one or more of these great products if you are looking for something specific or if you just want to try something new. Sassy likes them. I hope you do too! And of course, if you do?… LET ME KNOW!!